Fairfax County, Virginia's first county government purchased pumper is this 1971 Seagrave PB23068. Equipped with a 1000/500 and Seagrave serial number R-4786.
Original to Fairfax County and was Wagon 24 (The "Route 1 Rocket") from the county's Woodlawn Station. It was then donated/sold to Sperryville, VA. It was received back from Sperryville as the Fairfax County Fire Department recognized its historical value to its history and a 1983 Duplex/E-One/1993 Fire Force 1250/500 was given to Sperryville in place of the 1971 Seagrave. Fairfax County rehabed the Seagrave in the 2006 time frame.
It is used for community events as well as the department's caisson rig.